Monday, January 4, 2010

A Champagne and Roses New Years!

This was the best New Years I've had, ever in my lifetime. I mean, Rhythmic Arts was incredible when I went, but that was before my DJ career. Being involved in creating the atmosphere of this event has given me such an incredible high that I've barely noticed my complete lack of sleep. I can hardly believe this event was put together in just 4 weeks! 3 nights of house parties, 1 night at a venue, 2 live bands, Champagne, Roses, GREAT FOOD and awesome new friends! I hope this event happens next year, and you can guarantee I'll be one of the first on the guest list! Thanks, Jeremy, Karissa, Joshua, and everyone else, you have successfully ROCKED ME SOCKS OFF!

As requested, here is my set list for the weekend:
Thursday night/Friday AM:

Bonnie Raitt: Love on One Condition
Bob French: Burgundy Street Blues
Muddy Waters: Rock Me
Janiva Magness: Workin' On Me Baby
Ray Charles: Night Time is the Right Time
James Cotton Blues Band: Heart Attack
Etta James: You Can Leave Your Hat On
Taj Mahal: Blue Light Boogie
Elvis Presley: Relax
The Holiday Cafe Presents Winter Songs album: Auld Lang Syne (Charity Medley)
Diana Krall: Gee Baby, Ain't I good to You
Amos Milbourne: Lets Rock a While
Koko Taylor: All Your Love
Doug MacLeod: Sweet Ride
John Lee Hooker: Bottle Up & Go
Rufus Thoms: Sixty Minute Man w/Carla Thomas
Bono: If You Wear That Velvet Dress
Roy Rogers: I'm With You
buddy Guy: She's Got the Devil In Her
Smokey Smothers: Com On Rock. Little Girl
Big Mama Thornton: I Feel the Way I Feel
Maria Muldaur: Empty Bed Blues
Brother Yusef: Blues Is My Story
Nathan James & Ben Hernandez: My backyard
Nick Moss & The Flip Tops: Check My Pulse
Christ Thomas King: Red Mud
Melissa Pace: What'll I Do


Saturday night at Lenora's Ballroom:
Johnny Farmer: Death Letter (Organized Noize Remix)
Ben Harper: Brown Eyed Blues
Carsie Blanton: Take Me Along
James Taylor: Steamroller (live)
Becky Barksdale: Satisfy Me
Robin Rogers: Color-Blind Angel
Janiva Magness: I'm Glad You're Mine
Isobel Cempbell & Mark Lanegan: Come On Over (Turn Me On)
Susan Tedeschi: You Got the Silver
Etta James: Son of a Preacher Man
Norah Jones: All Your Love
Nathan James & Ben Hernandez: Balck Rattler
Ernestine Anderson: Please SEnd Me Someone to Love (live)
Ike & Tina Turner: I Smell Trouble
BB King & Eric Clapton: Rock Me Baby
Bejofondotangoclub: En me/soledad
Portishead: Roads
Otis Taylor: Few Feet Away
Nickel Creek: I Should've Known Better
Bettye LaVette: Little Sparrow
Jimi Hendrix: Red House

No comments:

Post a Comment