Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Burn Blue for Haiti

Burn Blue has one my heart for more than one reason. Last night's fund raiser for Haiti just made me overflow with love for the organization and all those who run it. There was an amazing turn out with $3200 raised for Waid, Hans, and their families.
My contribution to the raffle was a one-hour set list, which I burned to a CD for someone to win with their raffle ticket. I'm listing it here for those who were hoping to win it. I'm including an album name with the songs so that you know where you can find these songs.

Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy - The Anthology album
Howlin' Wolf - Built for Comfort - His Best: Chess 50th Anniversary Collection album
John Lee Hooker - One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer - The Best of John Lee Hooker: 1965 to 1974 album
Sonny Boy williamson - Bring it on Home - His Best
Charles Brown - I Lost Everything - Driftin' blues: Best of Charles Brown album
Elmore James - Dust My Broom - The Sky is Crying album
B.B. King - Rock Me Baby - Original Greatest Hits album
Buddy Guy - In the Wee Hours w/Junior Wells - Can't Quite the Blues album
Ernestine Anderson - Please Send Me Someone to Love (Live) - The Concord Jazz Heritage Series - Ernestine album
Keb' Mo' - Am I Wrong? - Blues Gold compilation album
Nathan James & Ben Hernandez - Black Rattler - The Carl Sonny Leyland Trio Metts Nathan James and Ben Hernandez album
Katie Webster - Pussycat Moan - Two-Fisted Mama album
Ruth Brown - I Can't Seel It (I'll keep Sitting on it) - Essential Women in Blues album
Taj Mahal - Blue Light Boogie - Blues With a Feeling album
Jimi Hendrix - Red House - Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix album
Ray Charles - Night Time is the Right Time - The Very Best of Ray Charles album
James Taylor - Steamroller (Live) - James Taylor Greatest Hits album

2 good websites for finding these albums:
www.emusic.com
www.cdbaby.com

1 comment:

  1. I'm not super familiar with blues music (sad, I know) as much as I love dancing blues, but I just have to say that I absolutely LOVE that you put Steamroller by James Taylor on that list. It's an awesome song. :)

    ReplyDelete