Thursday, August 5, 2010

Mourning a Mentor


I don't have the words to express the loss that the world feels today. Our community, as a whole, has lost a great, intelligent man. I miss you, Keith. I can't believe you won't be here to tell me all the things you've learned.

DJ Big Papa's website. I love that he's put so many of the things he taught me about being a DJ. I feel like he's still here just by reading this.

His DJ skills

Keith's memorial page

I'm still in denial, and expect to see Keith on my doorstep for ECBF. I want him to pop up a google chat note to me and tell me it's not real. I have my phone next to me waiting for a text from him. And as I think of his 2 girls, and their need for their daddy, my heart screams for him to still be with us. Today, I hold Michael and Evelyn a little closer.

Normally, I spend my music-listening time filtering through new music. Today, I couldn't focus on music. I put my collection on random, and appropriately, this song played as I'm reading messages on Keith's memorial page: Enya - Smaointe

I love you, Keith, Summer, Anna and Ella. I pray that God give you comfort in this time or mourning.

No comments:

Post a Comment