Monday, January 9, 2012

Where have I been?!

The last 2 events I attended very sadly did not get blogs written on them. I will now do a quick summary followed my excuses for missing it:

PBEx - coolest event ever! What an experience! This event was seriously unlike any blues event I've been to. Live blues all day and into the evening, a cruise ship experience with live and DJ'd music, and late night dances to follow it all up. I wish I would have been less pregnant so I could have enjoyed it a bit more. I can't wait for next year's!

ECBF 2011, the last one! It was a great event, but it seemed to me that this event hit it's prime a few years back. The best part about this event, for me, was the Friday night trapeze venue. What a place! And of course, I always love Brother Yusef :) I didn't get to experience a lot of the event myself because I had a brand new baby, and the recovery from the delivery took its sweet time.
This year, I did the housing for the event and actually really enjoyed it!

So, if you didn't get this news earlier, I had a baby on September 24th, so I've been unavailable for dancing and events since about mid-July, when my body stopped allowing it. With my first pregnancy, I continued to get out at night a lot. That's because I could sleep during the day. With this last pregnancy, I had a toddler to care for during the day and thus, needed to take things a little more easy.
The good news is, I have 2 beautiful girls, and I won't be getting pregnant again any time soon. Even better news, my babies love to dance! HOORAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment